CFD for Sustainable Ocean Solutions: Course I
February 8 - 11, 2021| Online
Register Now Here
Numerical models, High-Performance-Computing (HPC) and Artificial-Intelligence (AI) are important fields in the current Industry-4.0 revolution. This unique Course Series will deal with these topics, focusing on Maritime issues and Ocean sustainability. Within the first topic of Numerical Models, viscous-flow based Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods are considered.
In Course-I we introduce several CFD crucial subjects:
- Basic equations and assumptions
- Existing tools
- Turbulence modelling and simulation
- Free-surface and wave modelling
- Grid methods and motions
- Modern verification and validation.
The course is code-agnostic; i.e. based on the experience of the speakers with different tools, the best-practices here presented are general and valid for almost all finite-volume based CFD codes. In terms of applications, the focus lies on Offshore Wind Energy and related CFD best-practices gathered over the years. However, the first part of the course deals with several topics relevant for all Renewable Energy systems and also for several Maritime and Naval applications (free-surface, waves, turbulence, moorings, motions, grids).
The course is lectured by senior experts and highly-skilled PhDs, with solid CFD practitioner and developer backgrounds, as well as up-to-date IT skills, paramount in this digital age.
All times listed are Lisbon time, GMT/UTC
• February 8: Introduction, Basics, Verification & Validation (10h-13h GMT)
• February 9: Turbulence Modelling & Simulation (10h-13h GMT)
• February 10: Free-Surface & Waves (10h-13h GMT)
• February 11: Floating Offshore Wind, Conclusions (10h-13h GMT)
The course notes contain the full set of information as presented during the course and will be made available online.
Course official language: English.
Admission and Fees
- To ensure your participation please fill the following registration form.
- Students: Must send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org valid proof of Enrollment or other document proving student status.
Application deadline: February 4, 2021
- Students from the University of Tokyo (Japan) and Invited Students/Professor from Brazilian Universities: Free
MSc students: 50Euros
Phd students: 100Euros
Fee to be paid upon receipt of invoice at least 48h before the first day of the course.
Payment by Bank Transfer to:
- Account Name: WavEC Offshore Renewables
- IBAN/ Account Number: PT50 0018 000322774715020 98
- BIC/ SWIFT: TOTAPTPL
- Bank Name: Banco Santander Totta S.A
After the payment, a proof document must be sent to email@example.com.
- In order for the receipt to be issued, you must provide the following information in the email*:
- Name ( student or entity) to issue the receipt
- VAT Number
* Please note that it is not possible to correct the receipt.
In case of a cancellation by the participant, the following rules apply:
- Cancellation until 1 week before the start of the course: 100% refundable.
- Cancellation within 1 week and until 48 hours of the start of the course: 30% refundable.
- Cancelation on the day before the start of the course: 20 % refundable.